Hiring: Project Manager
Project Manager, full-time
Include “Project Manager – Spring 2020” in subject heading
GRT Architects is an award-winning, design-oriented firm with a diverse roster of work including freestanding and renovation residential, hospitality, commercial and product design. Everyone in our small firm is exposed to all phases of projects thus we equally value design, construction phase and project administration skills.
• Working alongside Partners to take lead role on projects from concept to construction administration.
• Managing one or more designers at our firm
• Managing 1-5 consultants, attend A/E team meetings
• Preparing design presentations, attending client meetings
• Drafting Construction Documentation including detailing, schedules, & specifications
• Reviewing shop drawings and submittals, visiting suppliers, reviewing mockups
• Corresponding with GCs and sub-contractors
• Construction observation, attending site meetings, preparing meeting notes and responses to RFIs
• 3 or more years of experience at an architecture firm where you undertook a similar scope of work
• More than 4 years experience if your previous work environment is significantly different
• Demonstrated experience in all stages of design and construction administration.
• Excellent graphic, communication, and organizational skills
• Experience with AutoCAD, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite
• Good interpersonal skills & a willingness to collaborate with & support your design team
• Pro-active, self-driven, and confident in a fast-paced working environment
• Current legal ability to work in the United States, fluency in written and spoken English
• Firm culture that values design as much as it does energy efficiency, technical detailing and building.
• A small office with a fun, collaborative environment among all levels of staff
• Commitment to healthy and balanced lifestyles by offering comprehensive benefits including a health care plan, and office culture that respects each others time.
• Generous paid time off policy.
• Encouragement of professional development through reimbursement of licensures, exams, & classes
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Only candidates whose skills match the minimum requirements above should apply.
GRT wins AIANY New Practices Award
GRT Architects selected among 6 emerging firms to receive 2020 AIANY New Practices New York Award.
Press: Prospect Lefferts – “Top 10 Renovations of 2019”
Dwell Magazine has named our Prospect Lefferts Garden Townhouse one of the Top 10 Renovations of 2019.
Georgie wins 2019 Eater Award
GRT’s design for Georgie by Curtis Stone has won the 2019 Eater Dallas Award for Best Restaurant Design of the year.
Press: Prospect Lefferts Townhouse in The Cut
GRT’s Prospect Lefferts Garden Townhouse is currently featured by Wendy Goodman as “Space of the Week” in The Cut. Read more here.
GRT @ GSAPP
GRT Architects will be teaching at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, & Preservation in the Spring of 2019. We will be teaching a seminar entitled “History, In the Making”.
Press: Flutes & Reeds in AN Interior
Thrilled to see our Flutes & Reeds tiles receive a generous review in AN Interior Magazine.
Press: Hudson River House in Dwell
Our Hudson River Renovation featured in Dwell.
GRT Architects has been invited to participate in a 24 hour-long installation at Storefront for Art and Architecture in New York. GRT’s program will take place from 11 PM-12 AM on June 20th, 2018 and include a ceramic fluted stool, a live flute performance by Andrew Rehrig, a visual tour of fluted columns throughout history, and drinks in flutes. The event is open to the public and we hope all will join!
Don Angie Nominated for 2018 HD Awards
Don Angie is a Finalist in the 2018 Hospitality Awards in the category of Upscale Restaurant. Read more here.
Objective Subject Offices on ArchDaily
Objective Subject Offices featured on ArchDaily.
Press: Medium White Tee opens 1/11
Medium White Tee, a project by artist Emily Spivack in collaboration with GRT Architects, opens at Ward Village in Honolulu on Wednesday, January 11th, 2017 at 6:00pm. Opening remarks by President Barack Obama’s sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng. For more info visit the New York Times article here.
GRT featured among New York Mag’s best 100 architects
GRT Architects is honored to be listed among the best NY architects in New York Magazine‘s semi-annual Design Hunting issue.
2015 AIA NYS Design Award
Described as “an active gift to West 36th Street,” GRT Architects is honored to receive a 2015 American Institute of Architects (New York State Chapter) Citation for Design in the Adaptive Reuse/Historic Preservation Category for its project Fashion Tower.
Press: Fashion Tower in Architects’ Newspaper
Steven Thomson describes Fashion Tower as a “promising statement for [GRT’s] inaugural project”, in Fashion Preservation Police, an architectural review printed in the March 23, 2015 issue of Architect’s Newspaper.
Writings: PIN–UP Magazine